Friday 11 December 2009

I should be doing something else...





Here I am, I have a few hours free while the little ones are at nursery, so I thought I would empty the boxes that are collecting building dust in the kitchen. I honestly do not know where to start. Unfortunately I am a perfectionist when it comes to matters of the home and my oh my, all I am doing is organising small clusters of stuff together. Its here, there and everywhere. Memories all grouped together. Too others passing in and out they might not amount to much. But to me they are like treasure. Where oh where am I going to put it all?

And as I mentioned I only have limited time before I pick them up from pre-school. You see the little fellow has his Christmas concert today, and amongst others he is going to be Father Christmas. Of course he has a costume. Although how I am going to squeeze him into it I do not know. He is nearly four and luckily he is a skinny minnie as the only costume I could find is size 12-18 months. I kid you not. My poor, poor boy will be squished into his costume. There is not even room for me to stuff a cushion up his top.The trouser legs rise up to his knees, and the top only just closes around his body, it is skin tight. Oh I hear you say, he will be sure to catch a chill. Fear not..I have found a brown pair of the little ladies tights that might just fit. All I need to do now is persuade him that tights are also for boys....

Oh, and the head has once again fallen off my Carol Peace sculpture...