Wednesday 28 April 2010

Growing.



I am working on this for my lounge as my sister is about to stake her claim on one of my paintings. I offered to paint them one for their new home they bought last year. They have thought about this for a long time and last week she called me and asked for this one.

I will feel a little sad when it goes. I painted it just after having Matilda so for me it represents the time when we were a family of three adjusting to being a family of four. Helping Dillon to become a big boy, and letting him go a little and at the same time, discovering the surprise of just how much more love you have to give to the new little lady love.

Oh, and the joy of having pink in the house!

Now it will go and hang in my sister's house. A house where there is a new baby. And now they are learning and adjusting from being a family of three to a family of four. 

Oh the joy!