Thursday 14 July 2011

Nothing beats little treasures.









I looked up the other night to see my son had left me a gift, a small pebble, up high on the mantel.
He was tucked up in bed, so my gratitude had to wait, but it filled my heart and made me smile.

A little present left somewhere where he knew my eyes would fall.
Daily these treasures are  pulled from the depths of his pocket, and presented like gold with a smile and a kiss, telling tales of where he has been and whom he has seen.

As you can see, there are now many collections of his dotted around the house.
Small reminders of love, placed in the nooks and crannies of our everyday life.

His first school year is coming to an end tomorrow, and my boy is filled with words, and letters, and wild drawings of the sea.

His eyes are wide, his head is filled, and the hand that once needed mine is digging deep for treasure.