Wednesday 6 October 2010

Liberty Print Love





You may remember my last visit to Liberty's resulted in me buying fabric and trims, this is unusual for me as I am not that great at sewing.  I developed a fear at the age of fifteen, during my O level Needlework exam, where by we had to make a babies dress complete with smocking! The needlework teacher had never given us a pattern let alone taught us now to smock. So my love of sewing kind of ended there. 

I didn't let that stop me, and so I thought I would show you what I made with the Liberty print. (by the way you can buy it worldwide from their site here.) 




I covered this MDF Love sign I found in a craft shop. This was tricky, until I worked out it would be better if I cut strips and glued it with pvc glue. I hung it in Matilda's room.



She also inherited her brothers jumper, so I cut out a heart and yes, I did sew it on. I have to say it sat in my lounge for at least three months before I got round to do it. I did it one day while watching Dillon play tennis, I was a little embarrassed by all the interested mothers waiting to see the final result. But to be honest I thought it had to be now or never, as she is growing and the jumper was not.



And these cushions..... that I didn't make. No not me, my lovely mother in law did. I gave her the bits and a drawing, and she was off, she is so talented, and she didn't grumble or even bat an eye lid when I mentioned I needed....errrr, six. 

I keep thinking I am going to add a couple of buttons here and there, but I reckon thats at least another three months down the line.......