Wednesday 31 March 2010

Come fly with me; Apollo Butterflies


I played it safe. I painted a small wall in our kitchen. I worked with six colours blending as I went. The sky in London is grey today so unfortunately it does not show up in my picture. The big man only noticed after some prompting. Although he went on to say 'no way' for the big wall. I will see how he feels after a belly full of comfort food and some good wine. Something needs to be done, as it is not only splattered with Matilda’s spaghetti, but now her painting exploits have joined the fun.

I had the biggest butterflies in my tummy this morning. We delivered my Come fly with me painting to the Royal Academy of Arts, in the hope that it will shine through the 16,000 other paintings that have been put forward to be hung in the Summer Exhibition. I am perhaps aiming a little high, I just thought whats the worst that could happen? A rejection letter. I think I can handle that. You have to take the knocks, they make you stronger.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Talking of which, just a few more days before one of you win my painting. Fingers and toes, fingers and toes!